Wednesday, December 21, 2005

we like birdland.

Best Reissue:
Patti Smith – Horses (30th Anniversary)

Poetry, poetry, rock and roll, and poetry, not to mention an inspiration to female musicians forever etc. To be fair, I chose this mostly because it is my favorite album of all time anyway (uh, weighty statement).


Patti Smith - Gloria

There have been so many comprehensive and well-thought out lists on here... I don’t think anyone wants a top five/ten/681 albums list from me.
That's my excuse for not having one. But I really liked these:

Broken Social Scene – s/t
Kanye West – Late Registration
Sigur Rós - Takk...
Fiery Furnaces – Rehearsing My Choir. There are so many mixed reviews on this one… but I love it because it got my attention. I always thought The Fiery Furnaces were good and cool and nice and everything, but I never felt compelled to listen to any of their albums all the way through. Now I do, because the sheer originality of “Rehearsing My Choir” intrigued me so damn much. I love it when that happens.

This is in honor of Clinton who didn’t have time to put it up, because I’m not sleepy at 5 AM and thus have all the time in the world:

The Fiery Furnaces - Seven Silver Curses

-sarah n.

1 Comments:

Blogger Georgianne Nienaber said...

mine too

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home